Jun. 28, 2022
9:00am - 11:00am
This training is an interactive VIRTUAL WORKSHOP and therefore, will NOT BE RECORDED.
It's more effective to address difficult behaviors than it is to try dealing with difficult people. Most people don't change who they are because we find them difficult, but most people will alter a difficult behavior with the right approach. The key is to be strategic about the behavior change we want to see and choose the right tools and techniques for that strategy.
You'll leave this workshop knowing:
- The three common sources of difficult behavior.
- How to be strategic instead of reactive when you experience someone being difficult.
- The key question to ask yourself when faced with someone else's difficult behavior.
- Unintended ways to own your behavior can inadvertently compound their bad behavior.
- Tools and techniques for handling difficult behavior with finesse.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Each participant will need to participate in a secure Zoom virtual meeting platform using audio. The use of a webcam is preferred for the best experience.
Dr. Tammy Lenski is a mediator, executive coach, speaker, and the author of two bestselling conflict resolution books. Since founding her conflict resolution firm in 1997 she’s helped thousands of leaders and managers worldwide turn organizational and team conflict into collaboration. Recently featured in both Inc. and Bloomberg Businessweek, Tammy was honored in 2014 by the Association for Conflict Resolution for innovative and pioneering work in her field. She lives in Peterborough, NH.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.