Mar. 28, 2019
9:00am - 3:00pm
Primex Training Facility
This program offers techniques that are proven to work when confronted with aggressive behavior. Through lecture, simulation and practice, students will learn how to keep conflict to a minimum and when it occurs, manage it to resolve at the earliest possible stages of development.
Complimentary lunch will be provided.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Identify major "triggers to aggression"
- Differentiate between the levels of the verbal escalation continuum
- Employ techniques as best responses and reactions to aggressive verbal and physical behavior through active practice
Topics to be covered:
- Discuss the major triggers to aggressive behavior
- Verbal continuum
- "Do's" and "Don'ts" of managing aggressive behavior
- Crisis continuums
- Techniques for dealing with aggressive behavior
- Safety rules
- Active practice de-escalation techniques
Rick Van Wickler
Rick Van Wickler
Cheshire County Department of Corrections, Chameleon Consulting of New England
Rick is the current Superintendent of the Cheshire County Department of Corrections and has been in this position for over 20 years. He founded Chameleon Consulting of New England in 2001 which provides training and consulting on managing aggressive behavior, personnel management and security audits. Rick has taught for over 10 years as an adjunct professor at Keene State College in Justice Studies and American Corrections. He has an extensive background in training, staff development, negotiations and emergency response planning. Rick served in the United States Army and Army Reserve for over 26 years. He has served on many boards and governmental committees working on behalf of law enforcement and corrections. He is former executive Chairman of Law Enforcement Action Partnership an international nonprofit law enforcement speakers bureau.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.