Mar. 20, 2020
10:00am - 11:00am
Certificates of Coverage Webinar
Friday, March 20, 2020
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
FIRST TIME ADOBE CONNECT USERS: Please install the latest Adobe Connect Add-in software and test your connection:
https://nhprimex.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. Please be advised testing could take several minutes.
HOW TO JOIN WEBINAR
1. On the day of the webinar, please join us in an Adobe Connect meeting. Click the link to join the webinar 15 minutes prior to start time:
No need for an Adobe Connect login and password; just use theGuest feature when logging into the meeting room by typing your first and last name.
2. Be sure you will have access to a desktop computer and a telephone. Choose one of the following three (3) audio options at the Join Audio Conference screen:
A. SYSTEM WILL CALL YOU (recommended): At the Join Audio Conference screen, please select Dial-out [Receive a call from the meeting]. Please use the direct telephone number of the phone you will be using for the Webinar.
B. USE THE DIAL-IN FEATURE: At the join Audio Conference screen, please select Dial-in to the Audio Conference via Phone and call in using the numbers below.
Conference Access #: 1-800-832-0736
Conference Room: *9291811#
C. LISTEN ONLY: At the Join Audio Conference screen, please select Listen Only to listen to webinar via your computer speakers.
3. This is an interactive webinar utilizing Adobe Connect’s features and tools such as chat, polling questions, and status icons such as raising your hand. We will review Best Practices for a successful webinar prior to the start of the program. Please come ready to participate.
4. A widely accepted webinar best practice is to have each participant register and login individually, using their own computer. This provides the greatest outcome for effective learning as each registered participant has an opportunity to engage with the webinar facilitator to the maximum extent possible. Primex3 supports this practice, but individuals may participate in a group effort.
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
This program explores the role of certificates of coverage by defining what certificates really are and outlines the terms typically used in conjunction with certificates of coverage and contractual agreements such as additional insured, certificate holder, endorsement, loss payee, etc. The program also aims to clarify typical situations when certificates are provided to third parties and best practices regarding the certificates received by a public entity.
- Understand what certificates of coverage are and the terms associated with them
- Identify typical situations when is appropriate to receive and provide certificates of coverage
- Understand the relationship between certificates of coverage and contracts
Who should attend:
Town Managers/ Administrators, School Superintendents, Business Administrators, Principals, Recreation Directors, HR Personnel, Finance Directors, County/Nursing Home Administrators, Facilities Directors.
Any personnel whose responsibilities include signing agreements and receiving or providing certificates of coverage on behalf of a public entity.
Monica Panait, Risk Management Services Manager, has been with Primex3 since 2001. She works primarily with Primex3 school and county members to address their training, consulting and risk management needs. Monica holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Marketing and has earned the Certified Risk Manager (CRM) and Certified School Risk Manager (CSRM) designations through the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. She has also earned the Program in General Insurance (INS) certification through the American Institute for CPCU and Insurance Institute of America. Her areas of expertise include loss mitigation in conjunction with the development of a risk management plan, advising regarding complex liability issues, reinsurance negotiation and placement, and playground safety.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.