This Pre-Recorded webinar is designed to highlight key concepts in vehicle collision avoidance. Vehicle crashes continue to be recognized as serious workplace events and this program is a chance for drivers to brush up on important concepts behind the wheel, including; braking, backing, following, steering and the use of seat belts.
- Identify 3 good driving habits.
- Assess the needs and techniques for proper backing. Backing accidents are the most common but the most preventable of all vehicle accidents.
- Highlight the importance of proper following distance and its effect on collision avoidance.
- Emphasize the importance of steering in collision avoidance particularly in intersections, the most serious of all crashes.
- Discuss how seatbelts work and their role in collision avoidance.
- Explain the different types of distracted driving and how they impact a driver’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Discuss how drowsiness and fatigue negatively impact a driver’s ability to react to potential hazards while operating a vehicle.
Target Audience: Anyone who operates a vehicle, with the exception of commercial vehicles (i.e. dump trucks, fire trucks), as part of their daily activities.
Duration: 60 minutes
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.