Nov. 15, 2019
10:00am - 11:00am
A program designed to highlight key concepts in vehicle collision avoidance. Vehicle crashes continue to be recognized as serious workplace events and this program is a chance for drivers to brush up on important concepts behind the wheel, including; braking, backing, following, steering and the use of seat belts.
1. Discuss the importance of braking in collision avoidance and how anti-lock brakes operate including their many advantages.
2. Assess the needs and techniques for proper backing. Backing accidents are the most common but the most preventable of all vehicle accidents.
3. Highlight the importance of proper following distance and its effect on collision avoidance.
4. Emphasize the importance of steering in collision avoidance particularly in intersections, the most serious of all crashes.
5. Discuss how seatbelts work and their role in collision avoidance.
6. Explain the different types of distracted driving and how they impact a driver’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
7. Discuss how drowsiness and fatigue negatively impact a driver’s ability to react to potential hazards while operating a vehicle.
Target Audience: Anyone who operates a vehicle, with the exception of commercial vehicles (i.e. dump trucks, fire trucks), as part of their daily activities.
Bob Barry, Risk Management Consultant, joined Primex3 in 2011 as an Education and Training Consultant focusing on the Law Enforcement and Corrections membership of the Primex3 pools. Prior to joining the Primex3 team, Bob was the Police Chief for the City of Concord, a position that he held for over four years. Bob brings a total of more than twenty five years of law enforcement experience to Primex3. At various times during his career, Bob was involved in recruitment, screening and hiring staff; negotiating collective bargaining agreements; conducting training; developing and enforcing policy; conducting internal investigations; developing and revising the Department Strategic Plan; crime analysis and grant writing. While Deputy Chief, Bob was the primary responsible department representative for developing and managing the operating and capital improvement budgets for both the police and parking operations within the City.
In his current role as a Risk Management Consultant, Bob continues to focus on providing consultant services to the Law Enforcement community along with Risk Management and training services to all Primex3 members. Bob is the Risk Management Consultant for Belknap and Sullivan County.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.