Oct. 21, 2020
9:00am - 12:00pm
THIS SESSION IS FULL --> To register for the November 17th session, click here.
Coping with Complaints: How to Handle Complaints and Respond to Chronic Complaining
Employees everywhere navigate complaints from colleagues and supervisors. Public sector employees must navigate an additional layer of complaints – from
the public. This workshop will teach you how to respond effectively to both types of complaints, and how to make sure you present your own complaints in
ways that increase the chance they’ll be heard.
- The difference between criticism and complaints, and why the difference matter
- How to uncover the reasonable concerns beneath complaints
- How to deliver a complaint effectively
- How to know when complaining is a minor problem and when it is toxic
- How to break the habit of chronic complaining and what to do instead
Dr. Tammy Lenski is a mediator, executive coach, speaker, and the author of two bestselling conflict resolution books. Since founding her conflict resolution firm in 1997 she’s helped thousands of leaders and managers worldwide turn organizational and team conflict into collaboration. Recently featured in both Inc. and Bloomberg Businessweek, Tammy was honored in 2014 by the Association for Conflict Resolution for innovative and pioneering work in her field. She lives in Peterborough, NH.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.