Seasonal Recreational Staff have an important responsibility and can present risk to themselves, fellow staff and program participants. This program will highlight position responsibilities, common hazards and loss areas and identified methods to prevent and control risks during the summer months.
- Recognize that this is a job and not just an extension of an employee’s social life.
- Identify safeguards and other protections against various risks including environmental and water hazards.
- Articulate what to do in the event of an emergency and how department policies can guide those actions.
- Be familiar with the proper type of personal protective and rescue equipment that may be available.
Who should attend:
- Supervisors, up to and including department heads.
- Summer Camp Councilors
- Any employee involved with recreation programming
Course Duration: 60 minutes
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.