Jun. 11, 2020
10:00am - 11:00am
Seasonal Recreational Staff have an important responsibility and can present risk to themselves, fellow staff and program participants. This program will highlight position responsibilities, common hazards and loss areas and identified methods to prevent and control risks during the summer months.
- Recognize that this is a job and not just an extension of an employee’s social life.
- Identify safeguards and other protections against various risks including environmental and water hazards.
- Articulate what to do in the event of an emergency and how department policies can guide those actions.
- Be familiar with the proper type of personal protective and rescue equipment that may be available.
Who should attend:
- Supervisors, up to and including department heads.
- Summer Camp Councilors
- Any employee involved with recreation programming
Dave Witham, Director of Risk Management, has been a member of the Primex3 Risk Management Services Department for 31 years. David holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Safety from Keene State College and holds the Certified Risk Manager (CRM) designation though the National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research. David is currently an At-Large City Councilor and Deputy Mayor in the City of Somersworth and is the Council’s designee to the City’s Planning Board. David has chaired the City’s Charter Review Commission and served for more than 24 years as a call firefighter and call department crew chief. When not busy at work David enjoys umpiring high school and American Legion Baseball and snowboarding on NH’s slopes.
Nicole is a 22 year veteran of law enforcement. She retired from the New Hampshire State Police as a Lieutenant and served as a Troop Commander with Troop G which oversees the enforcement of commercial vehicle laws, pupil transportation, vehicle inspections and more related to commercial vehicle laws and licensing. In addition, Nicole has initiated and presented at numerous programs related to leadership and is most proud of her work with developing the New England Women in Law Enforcement Leadership Training program series. Nicole joined Primex3 in 2018 as a Risk Management Consultant with a focus on Law Enforcement. She is a graduate of UNH and lives in Concord where she coaches field hockey for Concord High School.
As an IACET Accredited Provider, Primex3 offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET standard.