This program defines what it takes to make a successful transition from “line employee” to supervisor, and candidly examines your readiness to become a supervisor. You’ll complete pre-program assignments which will get you thinking about why you want to be a supervisor, what to expect when making the move from the line, and the human factors you bring to the position.
Discussions and exercises will provide an honest insight into the realities and challenges associated with becoming a supervisor; mistakes new supervisors often make; and a clear view of what your first year in a supervisory position will look like. This program will not only provide you with the information and strategy needed to make a successful transition but with the encouragement to do so.
Learning objectives of this session are:
- Identify your behavior, leadership, communication styles and driving forces
- Acknowledge the link between your behaviors and the impact it has in the workplace
- Analyze your motivation and evaluate your ability to be a successful supervisor
- Recognize the critical shift in thinking that must occur in becoming a successful supervisor
- Employ actions to help make a smooth transition to supervisor